Thursday, October 1, 2015

Kris Castro Retires

I cannot remember a time when I did not have library card or know how to find any book by its Dewey number.  Within days of moving to Pocatello, I found the library, and it didn’t take long to realize the Children’s Department could use help shelving books, so I became a volunteer in 1978. This began my many years of ‘living’ at the library. I graduated from ISU with a degree in Library Science, and soon became a full-time employee in the Reference Department.

While serving people from Pocatello and around the world, I also helped to move the entire library from Clark St. to this location, transitioned from card catalog drawers to computers, sent my first email, learned to use the Internet, and have seen the library grow from the traditional quiet repository of knowledge to the vibrant community it is today. I am honored to have been a part of this great institution!

 Kris Castro, Reference Supervisor

Kris retires after more than 30 years of service with our library. She has long been a
welcoming presence in the library, and patrons and staff will miss her. Thank you, Kris! 

No comments:

Post a Comment