Saturday, November 1, 2014

Meet Volunteer Becky

What do you like most about volunteering?

I like learning new things and seeing different areas of the library.

What brought you to the library to volunteer?

I work here and wanted to learn about different areas of the library from where I usually work. I wanted to understand more of the technical side of the library, in hopes that someday I will take some classes to certify in different areas of the library.

What are some of your favorite books, authors, or subjects? And why are they your favorites?

Some favorite books are: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax, Cold Comfort Farm, and many more.

I like different genres. I like to read mysteries and some suspense; I like classics and old fashioned books. Some of my favorite authors are: Kate Douglas Wiggins, L.M. Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Alistair MacLean, Dorothy Gilman, Clive Cussler, Joanne Fluke, Nancy Atherton, and Alexander McCall-Smith.

What do you like to do when you are not Volunteering?

I love to cycle, play volleyball, play disc golf, read, spend time with my family and grandkids.

If you are interested in volunteering at the library like Becky, please visit our website and type your zip code into the widget, or call Kristy at 232-1263 ext. 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment