Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Gene's Retirement

After close to 36 years of providing service to various elements of the public, I have decided it is time to retire. Overall, I have had a rewarding and successful career. I enjoyed providing assistance to scientists at the INL in various fields of physics, chemistry, chemical engineering,radioactive waste management and other areas so they could accomplish their goals. After being laid off at the INL, I worked in the Idaho Falls Public Library in the Reference Department for a year before accepting my current position in circulation at the Marshall Public Library. I began this career with a lot of frustration because of being laid off. A big shock was that I now had to work with the general public, not just a highly educated segment. A further adjustment was that I was the only male employee, except for the director. I always felt slow in adjusting to this new environment, but the circulation staff was patient and encouraging. I have enjoyed being associated with the entire staff, especially at circulation. I will continue to see you at times because I plan to begin reading again and working on a family project. I will miss all of you, but it is time.
Gene A. Giesbrecht, Circulation Librarian
Gene has worked at the Marshall Public Library for five years and prior to that for 30 years at the INL Library. He will retire on November 30 after over three decades of library service. You will be missed by all, Gene!

No comments:

Post a Comment