Monday, August 3, 2009

ADULT LIBRARY BINGO CHALLENGE ENDS AUGUST 15, 2009

The Marshall Public Library’s Adult Summer Library BINGO Challenge is coming to an end August 15, 2009. This challenge was more than just reading books. The challenges included tasks like returning materials on time, posting a comment on the Library’s blog, and even checking out a new book. Each square on the bingo card had a different challenge. As with regular bingo, participants had to complete five challenges in a row for bingo. A completed bingo earned an entry in the prize drawing. A blackout, all five rows completed, earned five additional entries in the drawing. The Library would like to thank the local businesses who made prizes possible for the drawing. Prizes include donations from: Mystique Theater, Sandpiper, Perkins, Mama Inez, and Town and Country Gardens.
For those who missed the BINGO Challenge this year, watch for next summer’s Adult Summer Challenge at the Marshall Public Library, along with summer reading programs for children and teens. For more information about this or other Library programs and activities, call 232-1263.

1 comment:

  1. I have been participating in the Bingo challenge. It has opened my eyes so to speak by broadening my understanding of what the library offers with first hand experience in many areas new to me, many of which I was somewhat aware of, but up to now had not participated in. Such as the library computers. I have mine at home which has always been sufficient, but this program required me to come in and use the ones at the library for more than just book look-up. The library's website is a great resource for research and other needs. The library itself also has computer access to other databanks of info not on the website. I already enjoy reading but the bookgroup I attend has caused me to expand my experience by reading and reporting back on various books, which left to myself, I probably would not have picked to read on my own. I have been impressed with the efforts of the library and staff to reach out to the community via book wagon, tv show, radio program, various at the library programs for children and adults, and summer reading programs for children and adults. I also think it is great to be able to check out the past issues of periodicals. As a professional driver, I have long enjoyed the option of checking out and listening to books on tapes and cd's for those times when I cannot sit and read a book myself. Thank You to the Marshall Public Library and Staff.
    MCD

    ReplyDelete