Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Where is the Associate Director?

Normally you will find me in the center of the Administrative Office surrounded by piles of papers and books. However, I am President of the Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA), a professional organization composed of librarians from five states (Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Washington, and Alaska) and two Canadian provinces (British Columbia and Alberta) and must travel as part of my responsibilities.
It is my duty as President of PNLA to act as ambassador at the annual conferences held by each state or provincial library association. In March I had the experience of a lifetime when I traveled to Kodiak, Alaska for the Alaska Library Association conference. This month I will be in Oregon, British Columbia, and Alberta. PNLA finances my travel expenses, the Associations waive the registration fees, and I learn a lot! And wherever I go, I am an ambassador for Pocatello, the state of Idaho, and the Marshall Public Library…an honor unto itself.

Kathy Watson, Associate Director

No comments:

Post a Comment